What does Toad for Cloud Databases do?
Toad for Cloud Databases is a free tool that enables users to use SQL to:
- Work with data in a Cloud database.
- Join a Cloud database to a relational database on the personal computer.
- Copy tables from one Cloud database to another or between a Cloud database and a
relational database on the personal computer.
How does Toad for Cloud Databases work?
There are two key components to Toad for Cloud Databases. The first is the Toad client. It is installed on a Microsoft Windows computer. Use it to access Cloud/NoSQL databases via SQL statements.
The second component is the Data Hub. It translates SQL statements submitted through the Toad client into a language understood by the Cloud database, and returns results in the familiar tabular row and column format. A desktop data hub is installed automatically with the Toad client. More data hubs can be installed on computers networked to the Toad client computer or even deployed in the Amazon EC2 cloud.
Full installation (Client and Data Hub)
Download the Toad for Cloud setup and run the installer.
Network Data Hub
A Data Hub will be installed onto the same computer as the Client is installed onto. Alternatively a Data Hub can be installed to a computer on the network or run in an EC2 image.
Download the data hub installer to the Windows machine that will host the Data Hub.
1. Run the Data Hub installer.
2. Agree to the license agreement.
3. Indicate whether connection to the Internet is direct or via a proxy server. Provide details of the proxy server if applicable.
4. Make a note of the connecting port number. You will use it to connect to the data hub.
5. Create a password to connect to the data hub.
6. Accept or change the installation directory.
Read the Getting Started Guide for more detailed installation instructions and requirements.
Read the Release Notes for more specific information pertaining to this release.
We look forward to your feedback and request that you visit our dedicated forum area for discussing your experience, get support, interact with our technical staff, suggest enhancements; and any other communication.
Thank you for your interest in Toad for Cloud Databases.